The Keiser University Associate of Arts in Cinematic Arts program introduces students to cinematic principles and techniques of filmmaking and video production. The curriculum provides students with an understanding of film and video history and production, including foundations of story, script analysis, editing, directing and cinematography. Students will be prepared to enter the industry and advance their education in the baccalaureate degree program.
Keiser University’s Bachelor of Arts degree in Cinematic Arts provides students with a solid foundation in cinematography, storytelling, and film production; incorporating business principles, as well as more advanced coursework and a strong general education program. An interdisciplinary approach enables students to demonstrate their artistic expertise and application of business knowledge to enhance their career opportunities.
The A.A. in Cinematic Arts program will develop students’ abilities to:
- Analyze the manner that filmmakers tell stories on screen
- Explain the structure and organization of the media and entertainment industries
- Trace the evolution of motion pictures, from early developments in cinema to the present time
- Understand and be able to analyze how filmmakers adapt a script to film or video
- Demonstrate the techniques and methodologies associated with video and film camera work and lighting, including field and studio applications at an introductory level
- Evaluate the work of famous directors in order to identify patterns used in film development
- Demonstrate knowledge of various platforms and techniques for video and film post-production editing
The B.A. in Cinematic Arts program graduates will gain the knowledge to:
- Recognize, appreciate and apply cinematic arts skills and concepts as a distinctive field of academic study
- Effectively communicate information using appropriate technologies via oral, written, and/or virtual technologies
- Understand fundamentals of screenwriting, storytelling, structure, tension and suspense
- Understand film history, cinematography, editing and the business of film
Contact Keiser University today to learn more about our Cinematic Arts program.
A TRULY UNIQUE PROGRAM
Introducing the College of Cinematic Arts at Keiser University Flagship, a truly unique program. The College of Cinematic Arts at Keiser University utilizes the world-renowned G-Star studios. Students will learn production editing, special effects, and animation while working right alongside the directors and crews currently producing today’s entertainment content. Contact Keiser University to schedule a tour and learn more about the Cinematic Arts program.
This program is offered at the following Florida locations:
The teaching staff really made all of us come together as time flew by these past four years under the program. I ended up finding passions that I had deep down waiting to be discovered, and I grew as a creative in many ways that I hadn’t even imagined.
I never thought that my experience in college would be as great as it was. Keiser University College of Cinematic Arts was a great program and allowed for more opportunities than I could imagine. … when participating in the internship, everything I learned came in handy.